High Holiday Calendar of all LGBT Jewish Congregations around the World! Members Calendar-http://www.glbtjews.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=6
- Buenos Aires - JAG Judíos Argentinos GLBTMandar email a firstname.lastname@example.orgPara lista de eventos mandar email a email@example.com For information and events send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- London - BKY Beit Klal YsraelSunday 16th September, Stories and Storytelling at Rosh Hashanah, led by Sef Townsend of Beit Klal Yisrael. 2-5pm Traditional and not so traditional stories from around the world with themes of forgiveness and understanding. And a storytelling workshop led by Sef - who will share some exercises that he uses in his international work with refugees.Sunday 16th September, erev Rosh Hashanah, 7.00pm. Unitarian Church, Notting Hill Gate. After the service there will apples and honey and honey cake - but not supper.Monday 17th September, Rosh Hashanah, 10.30am. Unitarian Church, Notting Hill Gate. Children are welcome, games and activities are being organised but parents have to supervise. 3.00pm Tashlich at the pond in Kensington Gardens.Tuesday 25th September, Kol Nidre, 7.00pm, Bloomsbury Baptist Church, Shaftesbury Avenue.Wednesday 26th September, Yom Kippur, 10.30am - 19.37pm Bloomsbury Baptist Church, Shaftesbury Avenue.7.37pm Break fast is provided by the community.Sunday 30th September, 7.00pm Erev Sukkot celebration at Janet and Jon’s home. Please bring vegetarian food to share. Please let Jon know if you will be coming to this.Friday 5th October, 7.00pm, erev Shabbat service, d’var, kiddush and after supper event.Sunday 7th October, 7.00pm Simchat Torah with the Klezmer Klub. Come and join BKY for one of the best evenings of the year. Dancing and drinking with the scrolls, dancing and drinking with out the scrolls.
- London - Jewish Gay & Lesbian GroupSunday 2nd September - Women’s Barbeque - 1pm Re-opening our Autumn events, we are holding our third Annual BBQ in North London. All food provided (vegetarian and Kosher meat). £7 for members, £10 for non-members. Contact email@example.comWednesday 12th September - Mixed Dinner - 8pm We went to a great Italian restaurant a year or so ago. Now they have opened a second restaurant. Come and join us for dinner. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book in and get the address.Friday 28th September - Chavurah led by Rabbi Mark Solomon - 7.30pm We are absolutely delighted to welcome back Mark to lead our service. Service 7.30 - 8.30pm. After the service - Schmooze, Kiddush and Buffet. Please bring vegetarian food to share. Nearest tube: Warren Street or Euston Square. Requested Minimum Donation £4 pp to cover centre hire.
- Mexico DF - GuimelTelefono de contacto: (55) 3885-4209Hemos establecido una línea telefónica anónima y confidencial para quien desee más información al 5264-68-88, que funciona los domingos.Para más información sobre eventos mandar un email a http://guimel.mx/contacto/
- Atlanta, GA - Congregation Beth HaverimAt CBH, we believe everyone should have a home to return to for the holidays. “Welcome Home” means “No tickets? No problem! You belong here!” Our home is a place of warmth, where we express authenticity and creativity in ways that enhance the traditions of the High Holy Days. Our music and messages are uplifting and penetrating, creating a yearning for our soul’s return this New Year. Come share our spiritual home for the High Holy Days. Return home-even if it’s your first time.Selichot, 8:00 pm, 9/8/2012, Sat (Havdallah)Erev Rosh Hashanah, 8:00 pm, 9/16/2012, SundayRosh Hashanah Day 1, Shacharit, 10:00 am, 9/17/2012, MondayRosh Hashanah Day, 1, 3-5 year olds, 10:15 am, 9/17/2012, MondayRosh Hashanah Day 1, 6-7 year olds, 11:00 am, 9/17/2012, MondayRosh Hashanah Day 1, 8-10 year olds, 11:45 am, 9/17/2012, MondayRosh Hashanah Day 1, Tashlich, 2:30 pm, 9/17/2012, MondayRosh Hashanah Day 2, Chant, 10:00 am, 9/18/2012, TuesdayKol Nidre, Intergenerational, 6:00 pm, 9/25/2012, TuesdayKol Nidre, 8:00 pm, 9/25/2012, TuesdayYom Kippur, Shacharit, 10:00 am, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, 3-5 year olds, 10:15 am, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, 6-7 year olds, 11:00 am, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, 8-10 year olds, 11:45 am, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, Avodah, 3:00 pm, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, Yizkor, 5:00 pm, 9/26/2012, WednesdayYom Kippur, Ne’ilah, 6:00 pm, 9/26/2012, WednesdayAll services are held at St. Bartholomew’s at 1790 Lavista Road, Atlanta, GA, 30329 unless otherwise noted. In addition to the children’s services, children’s programming and childcare are available on Rosh Hashanah Day 1 and Yom Kippur. Services are free and open to the public. For more infomation, to RSVP and to register for children’s programming, go to www.congregationbethaverim.org
- Atlanta, GA - Temple SinaiROSH HASHANAH Sun-Tues SEP 16-18YOM KIPPUR Tues-Wed SEP 25-26SUKKOT Sun-Sun SEP 30-OCT 7
- Boston, MA - KeshetSEPTEMBER 23, 2012 As the Seasons Turn: A Nature Adventure MASSACHUSETTSThe air is crisp, the leaves are changing - nothing beats fall in New England! Join us for a day of outdoor exploration, reflection, and appreciation. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker, someone who enjoys outdoor contemplation during the...SEPTEMBER 28, 2012 Keshet Shabbat Service & Catered Kosher Dinner MASSACHUSETTS Join us at any time during the evening for this family-friendly Shabbat celebration. Our services are egalitarian, participatory, and led by Keshet members. A Kosher vegetarian dinner will be provided. Services start at 6:00pm, followed...OCTOBER 11, 2012 Beit Midrash: Coming Out Stories in the Tanakh MASSACHUSETTS The Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) is full of tales of survival and courage. We’ll mark National Coming Out Day by exploring these stories and how they relate to our journeys of finding and embracing our LGBTQ and Jewish identities. 6:30pm: Snacks...OCTOBER 16, 2012 Keshet Open House and Community Events Committee Open Meeting MASSACHUSETTS Are you new to our community and looking for ways to get involved? Have you always wanted to plan and lead a Keshet event? Here’s your chance! Keshet’s Community Events Committee is holding a planning meeting that is open to anyone who would...OCTOBER 20, 2012 Mini Shabbaton MASSACHUSETTS Join us for our first ever mini Shabbaton! We’ll start off early with a community-led Torah service, followed by a Kosher Shabbat morning meal. After lunch, community members will lead us in a text study as we bring our queer lens to the week’s...OCTOBER 24, 2012 2nd Annual LGBTQ Trip to Israel ISRAEL Our trip last year was so popular we’re bringing it back! Join LGBTQ Jews and their partners, friends, and allies on this 10 night journey that will travel to the desert, Jerusalem, the Galilee and Tel Aviv. Co-sponsored by A Wider Bridge,...OCTOBER 26, 2012 Shabbat Service & Catered Kosher Dinner MASSACHUSETTS Join us at any time during the evening for this family-friendly Shabbat celebration. Our services are egalitarian, participatory, and led by Keshet members. A Kosher meat dinner with vegetarian options will be provided.
- Boston, MA - Temple Israel16 Sept Erev Rosh Hashana17 Sept Rosh Hashana18 Sept Rosh Hashana II25 Sept Erev Yom Kippur26 Sept Yom Kippur30 Sept Erev Sukkot1 Oct Sukkot I
- Chicago, IL - Congregation Emanuel16 Sept Erev Rosh Shanah Services17 Sept Rosh Hashanah Day Service18 Sept Rosh Hashanah II26 Sept Yom Kippur Service
- Chicago. IL - Congregation Or ChadashHoliday ServicesFor the High Holidays, we conduct services Erev Rosh Hashanah, on the first Day of Rosh Hashanah, Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur.We also have services on Sukkot, Simchat Torah, and Hanukkah. We have a community Seder on the second night of Passover.OtherThroughout the year, we observe other holidays and events. We have a new member service and we celebrate the installation of officers, During the summer we generally hold an outdoor service on the Lake Michigan beach adjacent to the synagogue.
- Cleveland, OH - Chevrei Tikva Chavurah16 Sept Erev Rosh Hashanah17 Sept Rosh Hashanah18 Sept Second Morning Rosh Hashanah Service at RH Meyer26 Sept Yom Kippur30 Sept Erev Sukkot
- Dallas, TX - Congregation Beth El Binah
- Denver, CO - Keshet
- Evanston. IL - Jewish Reconstructionist CongregationService Schedule for High Holidays 2012/5773Erev Rosh Hashanah Sunday, September 16 8:00 pm Erev Rosh Hashanah ServiceRosh Hashanah Day I Monday, September 17 9:30 am Morning Service 10:30 am - Noon Service for children, grades K-2 9:30 - 10:30 am North Shore Hotel Service (map), led by JRC’s 3rd-5th graders 3:00 - 4:00 pm Family Service 4:30 pm Tashlich Service at Dawes Park, Evanston (map) Rosh Hashanah Day II Tuesday, September 18 9:30 am Morning Service at JRC Erev Yom Kippur Tuesday, September 25 6:30 pm Kol Nidre ServiceYom Kippur Wednesday, September 26 9:30 am Morning Service 10:30 am - Noon Service for children, grades K-2 10:30 - 11:30 am Service for 3rd-5th graders 3:00 - 4:00 pm Family Service 5:30 pm Yizkor/Ne’ilah Service
- Hollywood , CA - Temple Israel
- Houston, TX - Mishpachat Alizim
- Long Beach, CA - Temple Israel
- Los Angeles, CA - Beth Chayim Chadashim
- Los Angeles, CA - Institute for Judaism and Sexual Orientation - IJSO
- Los Angeles, CA - JQ International
- Los Angeles, CA - Workmen’s Circle
- NUJLS - The National Union of Jewish Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer and Questioning Students
- New Yor, NY - Congregation Rodeph Sholom16 Sept Erev Rosh Hashanah17 Sept Rosh Hashanah First Day18 Sept Rosh Hashanah Second Day25 Sept Kol Nidre26 Sept Yom Kippur30 Sept Erev Sukkot1 Oct Sukkot First Day7 Oct Erev Simchat Torah8 Oct Simchat Torah
- New York, NY - International Association of Lesbian and Gay Children of Holocaust Survivors
- New York, NY - NehirimUpcoming RetreatsOctober 24, 2012 An LGBT Journey Through Israel IsraelOctober 26, 2012 Queer Shabbaton DC Washington, DCNovember 1, 2012 The Jewish Transgender Gathering Berkeley, CAUpcoming ProgramsSeptember 4, 2012 Ma’agal: The Nehirim Women’s Circle | September 4, 2012 New York, NYSeptember 10, 2012 Young Adult Open House Party Holiday Inn, Brookline, MASeptember 23, 2012 God vs. Gay? The Religious Case for Equality | Long Island Garden City, NY
- New York, NY - The Gay and Lesbian Yeshiva Day School Alumni AssociationSeptember 27 Thursday, 8:00-10:00pm: GLYDSA’s Monthly Meeting. We meet at the Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center at 208 West 13th Street (between 7th and 8th Avenues) in Manhattan. Check at the front desk for room number. Donation, $4 (See GLYDSA page for more info).October 25 Thursday, 8:00-10:00pm: GLYDSA’s Monthly Meeting. We meet at the Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center at 208 West 13th Street (between 7th and 8th Avenues) in Manhattan. Check at the front desk for room number. Donation, $4 (See GLYDSA page for more info).
- Palm Desert, CA - Temple Sinai16 Sept Erev Rosh Hashanah17 Sept Rosh Hashanah - First Day18 Sept Rosh Hashanah - 2nd Day25 Sept Erev Yom Kippur - Kol Nidre26 Sept Yom Kippur30 Sept Erev Sukkot1 Oct Sukkot
- Philadelphia, PA - Congregation Beth Ahavah
- Phoenix, AZ - AvivWe hold Friday evening services once per month, either at a local synagogue or in the homes of our members. Usually, we schedule at least one social event per month.If you’d like to participate in AVIV, please call us at 602-952-1612 or email us at email@example.comWe’ll be glad to provide you with more information.
- Pittsburgh, PA - Congregation Bet TikvahMon, 17 September, 19:30 - 21:00 Rosh Hashanah ראש השנהTue, 25 September, 19:00 - 20:30 Kol Nidre כל נדריWed, 26 September, 16:00 - 17:30 Yom Kippur יום הכיפוריםFri, 5 October, 19:30 - 21:00 Succot סוכות
- San Francisco - Congregation Sha’ar ZahavHigh Holy Days Services: All services at War Memorial Building, 401 Van Ness, except 2nd day Rosh Hashanah which will be at Sha’ar Zahav.Rosh HashanahSunday, September 167:30 pm Ma’ariv, Oneg to followMonday, September 179:30 am Shacharit & Musaf9:30 am Family Services2:00 pm Tashlich brown-bag picnic3:00 pm Tashlich Service @ Crissy FieldTuesday, September 189:30 am Shacharit & Musaf @ CSZYom KippurTuesday, September 257:30 pm Kol NidreWednesday, September 269:30 am Shacharit & Musaf9:30 am Family Services1:30 pm Mincha2:30 pm Niggun Service3:30 pm Study Sessions 1A, 2B4:30 pm Study Sessions 2A, 2B5:30 pm Yizkor & Neilah7:30 pm BreakfastSign Up for High Holy Day Childcare at the Herbst Theatre!Natural Nannies will again be providing childcare for our families at the Herbst Theatre during services.Natural Nannies has taken care of both of our children on many occasions over the past 5 years. The Nannies are loving, fun, responsible and communicative. They genuinely enjoy spending time and care about children.
member Patty CaplanPlease print out the registration form and return to the CSZ office, as soon as possible.
- Seattle, WA - Congregation Tikvah Chadashah
- Tamarac, FL - Congregation Etz ChaimAt Temple Bat Yam, 5151 NE 14th Terrace, Fort Lauderdale:Rosh Hashanah: Sunday, September 16, 8:00pm Monday, September 17, 10:00amYom Kippur: Tuesday, September 25, 7:30pm Wednesday, September 26, 10:00amAt Temple Beth Torah, 5700 NW 94th Avenue, Tamarac: Yom Kippur concluding service: Wednesday, September 26, 6:00pmBreak the Fast at Temple Beth Torah immediately after the concluding service (reservations required)
- Tucson, AZ - Tucson LGBT Jewish Inclusion Project9-16 Sun Rosh Hashanah Evening Svc 7:30P9-17 Mon Rosh Hashanah Family Svc 8:30A9-17 Mon Rosh Hashanah Main Svc 10A9-17 Mon Rosh Hashanah Tot Svc 10:30A9-22 Sat High Holiday Observance 9:30A9-25 Tue Yom Kippur Kol Nidre Svc 7:30P9-26 Wed Yom Kippur Tot Svc 10:30A
- Washington DC, Congregation Bet MishpachahDCJCC: DC Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th Street, NWLPMC: Place Memorial Church, 1226 Vermont Avenue, NWWPH: Washington Plaza Hotel, 10 Thomas Circle, NWS’lichot, Saturday, September 8 8:00 pm DCJCCErev Rosh ha-Shana I, Sunday, September 16 8:00 pm LPMCRosh ha-Shana I , Monday, September 17 10:00 am LPMCTashlich - times and locations will be announced.Erev Rosh ha-Shana II, Monday, September 17 8:00 pm DCJCCRosh ha-Shana II, Tuesday, September 18 10:00 am DCJCCErev Shabbat Shuva, Friday, September 21 8:00 pm DCJCCShabbat Shuva, Saturday September 22 10:00 am DCJCCKol Nidrei, Tuesday, September 25 7:00 pm LPMCYom Kippur, Wednesday, September 26 10:00 am LPMCShacharit, followed by Yizkor 2:30 pm LPMC Study Session4:30 pm LPMC Mincha, followed by N’ila7:00 pm WPH Break-the-Fast (Ticket Required)Succot סוכות, Moveable Feast, September 30 - October 6,Contact VPRA@bermish.org for times and locations
- Washington, DC - GLOE - GLBT Outreach & EngagementSEPTEMBERSun, September 23 - GLOE Youth & Family: Tashlich Picnic at Rock Creek ParkOCTOBERSun, October 14 - LitFest: Joy Ladin’s Through the Door of Life: A Jewish Journey between Genders Fri-Sun, October 26-28 - Queer Shabbaton DC, with Nehirim and GLOENOVEMBERWed, November 28 - GLOE Youth & Family: All Fired Up for ChanukahDECEMBERTues, December 25 - D25 Day of Service
- Sydney - DayenuMon September 17th - Second Night Rosh Hashonah dinner.Sun September 30th - Sunday arvo drinks. Pub TBA.Sat October 6th - Afternoon Succot party in the North Shore.Fri November 9th - Shabbat dinner in Elizabeth Bay.Sun December 9th - Chanukah Party in the park. Venue TBA.
- Beit Ha’ChidushErev Rosh HaShana 16 september Tijd: 19.00 uur Na afloop Kiddush met appeltjes en honingRosh HaShana 17 september Tijd: 10.30 uur Neem je lunch mee voor gezamenlijk gebruik na afloop.BHC zorgt voor soep, koffie en thee. Kol Nidre (Erev Yom Kippur) 25 september Tijd: 19.00 uurJom Kippur 26 september Tijd: 11.00 uur (18.00 uur Jizkor) Na afloop hebben we onze traditionele aanbijt met een potluck maaltijd in sjoel.Neem een vegetarisch- of visgerecht mee (kosher style); BHC zorgt voor de drankjes.Samen Seideren bij Beit Ha’ChidushEen Seider vol inspiratie, verhalen en gezelligheid. Dit jaar gebruiken we de Nieuwe Hagada en gaan we een aantal nieuwe melodieën zingen van Mathieu Daniel Polak en anderen. Wil je inhoudelijk een bijdrage aan de Seider leveren, laat het dan weten, maar s.v.p. niet langer dan 2,5 minuut. Ouders, van wie de kinderen ook iets willen doen, meld je bij Marcella Levie, firstname.lastname@example.org.Het is een potluck diner, dus neem iets mee voor de maaltijd, kosher voor Pesach. BHC zorgt voor de dranken. Laat ons weten wat je mee wilt nemen als je komt - zie het aanmeldformulier. Als het even kan: neem we je bord, bestek en glazen mee, wij zorgen voor de rest. Goed voor het milieu.Inschrijven:klik hier voor het aanmeldformulier en mail het naar email@example.com. Betaal voor 31 maart en ontvang korting. Helaas geen toegang zonder betaling, betaling aan de deur wel mogelijk maar liever niet.Datum: zaterdag 7 aprilAanvang: aanvang seider 18.00 uur, voorafgaand voor wie wil, zingen we het Hooglied van 16.45 -17.30 (facultatief)Lokatie: UilenburgersjoelTogether Seideren at Beit Ha’ChidushA Seider full of inspiration, stories and fun. This year, we use the New Haggadah and we sing some new songs from Daniel Mathieu Polak and others. Would you like to contribute substantively to the Seider deliver, let me know, but please no longer than 2.5 minutes. Parents, whose children also want to do something, sign up at Marcella Levie, firstname.lastname@example.org.It is a potluck dinner, so bring something for the meal, kosher for Passover. BHC provides the drinks. Let us know what you want to take when you come - see the registration form. If possible: we take your plate, cutlery and glasses along, we’ll do the rest. Good for the environment.Registration: click here for registration form and mail it to bhc.informatie @ gmail.com. Pay for March 31 and receive discount. Unfortunately, no access without payment, payment at the door is possible but would rather not.Date: Saturday, April 7Start: start seider 18.00, for those who want to advance, we sing the Song from 16:45 -17.30 (optional)Location: Joel Uilenburger
- Toronto, ON - Kulanu TorontoSun, Sept 11: Brunch at award-winning Hot House Cafe - 12pm Thurs, Sept 22: New Member Meet & Greet Night - 8pm (Yonge/Eglinton)Sat, Oct 8: Breaking of the Fast Dinner - 8:15pm onwards ($10) (30 Holly St. - Yonge/Eglinton)Sat, Oct 15: Succot Shabbat Service with Congregation Shir Libeynu - 10:30am (Miles Nadal JCC)Sun, Oct 16: Fall hike and dinner - RESCHEDULED (date to be announced soon)Fri, Oct 28: Shabbat Dinner - RESCHEDULED (date to be announced soon)
- Winnipeg, MB - Anakhnu / Rady JCCTo learn about the Community Seder, please call the Rady JCC at 477 7510.
- Winnipeg, MB - Shaarey ZedekRosh Hashanah Day 1 - 1st Service Monday, September 17, 8:30 AMRosh Hashanah Day 1 - 2nd Service 1:00 PMTashlich 4:15 PMRosh Hashanah Day 2 - 1st Service Tuesday, September 18, 8:30 AMRosh Hashanah Day 2 - 2nd Service 1:00 PM